1) Login to our TcAdmin panel with the login details emailed to you.
2) Select your game server and then open the File Manager.
3) In the File Manager, go to ShooterGame > Saved
4) You should now see a SavedARKS folder. Select it and click zip.
5) Download this zip for your backups.
If you get an error saying that its too large to zip. Make sure you have selected the SavedARKS folder.
If you have, then it'l be because your save folder contains lots of backup saves. Open it and delete some of the very old .ark files that you are sure you dont need, then try zipping again.
Alternatively the safer method would be to instead connect to the server via FTP, using a FTP program such as FileZilla. Navigating to the same ShooterGame > Saved folder, and downloading the SavedARKS folder directly.
Before we go any further you need to know more about what the Saved folder contains. For your ARK to load correctly, three key files are required:
- 'TheIsland.ARK' - This is your current loaded save.
- 'xxxxxxxxx.arkprofile' - These are the profiles and configurations of players who have joined your server. These are created as people play on your server.
- 'xxxxxxxxx.arktribe' - These are the tribe profiles and configurations of tribes on the server. These are created as people create tribes on your server.
The server will load missing the player and tribe files however if you create a tribe and this file then got deleted/moved your server would not load your tribe information causing you to be tribeless. This is the same principle for player profiles.
Reverting your save.
1) Login to your server with your chosen FTP program, such as FileZilla
2) Go into the "SavedArks" folder, which you will find in ShooterGame > Saved
3) You will see lots of files, some of them will be in a similar format to: "TheIsland_22.06.2017_11.50.39.ark", which goes: MAP_DATE_TIME.
These are your backup saves, and you do not need them, they are just taken encase you need to rollback to a previous save.
4) Rename the existing 'TheIsland.ARK' to 'OldTheIsland.Ark' (if you are running a different map, such as Ragnarok, this will instead be Ragnarok.ark, which you'l want to change to OLDRagnarok.ark
5) then find a previous .ark save that will look similar too: TheIsland_22.06.2017_11.50.39.ark that you want to rollback to.
You can see that it specified the date and then the time in the file name to show that when this backup save was taken
6) Once you have found one, rename that file 'TheIsland.Ark', or if using another map, the relevant .ark name that you renamed previously, such as Ragnarok.ark
7) Once you have done this, start your server and you should be all set to go.
If you prefer to use the file manager rather than an FTP program, you can do this but you will need to first download the above mentioned files to rename them, and then re-upload them after.
If you need any assistance with this please dont hesitiate to contact the support team here