#1 - Steam Server browser (the best method)
1) In steam go to the View tab, then in the drop down > Servers > Favourites
Click "Add A Server"
3) In the box that comes up, type your IP and port, seperated with a colon. For example 389.91.483.10:27001
4) Click "Find games at this address..."
5) Click on your server that it finds
6) Click "Add selected game server to favorites"
5) You will then see the server in the favorites box, select it and click connect and Space Engieners will launch and log you onto the server
#2 - Space Engineers in-game server browser
This method is using the ingame server browser.
1) Make sure your server is set to public
2) Navigate in Space Engineers to the ingame server browser
3) Search for your server in the search box using the server name
4) Find your server and click connect
#3 - Shortcut method
This method is slightly more complicated, but can be useful if you have multiple servers, or want a more personalized Space Engineers game launch when you connect to a specific server, as you could change the icon, and also the name of the shortcut.
1) Navigate to your Space Engineers directory. For example:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers
2) If you have a 32 bit machine, go to "Bin", if you have a 64 bit machine go to "Bin64"
3) Right click on SpaceEngineers.exe and click "Create Shortcut"
4) Place the shortcut wherever you want, by using "Cut and then paste" or dragging and dropping, or by selecting during the create shortcut process.
5) Right click the shortcut and choose "Properties"
6) Go to the 'Shortcut' tab, which should be the first one you see .
7) In the field where it says "Target" next to it, you should see a path such as:
8) At the end of this path add +connect and then your server IP and port. For example: +connect 389.91.483.10:27001
So in full in that space you should have somethiing like:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe" +connect 389.91.483.10:27001
9) Click "Apply" and close the properties box.
10) Double click on the shortcut and click "OK" on the box that appears.
Space Engineers will then launch and you will connect to the server specified in the shortcut properties.